16GB or 32 GB SDHC Is Best For 3D
If you have a 3D camera then it probably did not arrive with 16GB or 32GB SD card or SDHC card. This is because most 3D cameras today are sold without any storage memory. There are some exceptions and those are the 3D camcorders like the Sony 3D Handycam camcorder (comes with 64GB Flash memory) and the Sony 3D Bloggie Touch (has 8GB flash memory).
If you have any of these 3D camera :Fujifilm W3 3D camera, Sony TX9 3D, Sony TX100 3D, Sony TX10 3D, Aiptek 3D i2 Camera or Viewsonic 3D camera or any other, and you did not buy it with the 3D accessory kit, then you need a SDHC card for it.
This means the you need to pick your own SDHC card. 4GB or 8GB SDHC cards are usually not enough to hold the larger 3D files, so the are not recommended anyway, and it is worth to invest more and choose from the 16GB and the 32GB options.
If you know enough on SDHC memory cards, you can go directly to the recommended 32GB or 16GB SDHC Class 10 SDHC.
How Much Memory Needed For 3D Cameras – 16GB or 32GB?
3D cameras will consume much more storage space than you may be used to with your former digital camera. This is because most 3D cameras are HD and Full HD cameras, and capture image frames with higher resolution. This means that your new 3D images and 3D still pictures will be nearly double the size you used to have. Here is sample of still image resolutions:
- Panasonic HDC-SDT750K - 13.3 megapixels (4864×2736), 8.3 megapixels (3840 x 2160), 5.3 megapixels (3072 x 1728) [16:9]
- Aiptek 3D HD i2 – 5M (2592×1944), 4:3
- Fujifilm W3 3D - (3,648 x 2,736) 4:3 / (3,648 x 2,432) 3:2 / (3,584 x 2,016) 16:9
It is easy to see that when higher resolution is used larger files will be created. These larger files will need extra free space to enable you to shoot 3D video and 3D stills without checking if the card is getting full or not.
16GB SDHC card for 3D cameras
16GB SDHC size memory card can be more than enough if you know your expected need with the 3D camera.
- If you do not plan to shoot long 3D videos clips (more few minutes each) than 16GB SDHC memory card can serve you well.
- If you would probably be using the 2D recording mode (each camera usually has) more than the 3D option than 16GB memory size card is enough.
- If you know you will be close at most times to your computer to download the files and keep the 16GB SDHC card free from older files, than 16GB will be enough storage room for you.
Click here to buy online – Best SDHC 16GB Class 10 Card
When 32GB SDHC Memory Size is recommended
Most photographers and camera users know their needs and image recording habits. You probably have some insights of your photography needs by the way you use the camera today. If you are a serious photographer (compared to those who just take family pictures 3 time a year) and take the camera when you can, hunting the world for a beautiful photo or an interesting video clip then the 16GB will not be for you.
- Buy the 32Gb SDHC card, so you can take the 3D camera for a week trip and not having to worry whether the SDHC card will get full, even if you shoot plenty of 3D pictures.
- Buy a 32GB SDHC memory card if you are a video fan, taking motion clips and scenes uploading them to YouTube or Facebook.
- Buy 32GB memory size card if you are on the move or buy the 3D camera for some expected tour away from home. You will be away from your PC and you do not want the 3D camera to slow down just because it has 20GB of 3D and 2D files.
You probably noticed that SDHC cards for 3D cameras recommended here are only SDHC Class 10. You may consider SDHC Class 6 too, but know that slower writing data speeds may result in lower results and performance of the 3D camera abilities. So unless you know otherwise by the 3D camera manufacturer guide – buy Class 10. If you absolutly can not afford a Class 10 SDHC card do not buy any thing lower than Class6, even if it means a 8GB SDHC card and not - 16GB or 32GB size card.
Check below for price and shipping for 32GB Vs 16GB SDHC Class 10 SDHC:
- SanDisk Extreme III – Flash memory card – 32 GB Class 10 – SDHC
- Transcend – Flash memory card – 32 GB Class 10 – SDHC
Other Visitors Viewed These Posts Too: